CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 19, 2009

Just Doll Hair

So Sicily and her cute friend Olivia decided to give Sicily's American Girl babies a hair cut yesterday.  When they first came running down to show me how pretty the cuts were, I screamed, not at them, just a scream of terror.  However, after a little talking too, and some timeout on the steps, I started to giggle.  What if they would have decided to cut each other's hair instead.  Oh, you must know Olivia and her mother.  They are stylish!!!  Olivia has on Juicy Couture outfits and the latest and greatest shoe trends ever time I see her.  I would die if Sicily cut her own hair, but if she would have cut her friends...I would have been mortified.  So, as anger turned into relief, I couldn't help but laugh at the new babes haircuts, and remember a time when I was 4 and my mom was talking to a salesman in the kitchen as I snipped away at my long hair.  I remember walking by her at least 4 times to flush the locks down the toilet, but she didn't notice until I was finished and my shoulder length hair looked a little like the blonde bitty baby in this picture.  I'm sure my mom didn't take photos of me for months after that, but I did find this one, that you can see the growing back stage in.  I'm sure the Easter Bonnet was planned that year to hide my hideous due.  Needless to say, the scissors are hidden and put up high today.

Just to clarify...Sicily cut the brown haired doll and her friend did the blonde

4 comments:

  1. I have yet to see a kid do a better job of cutting their hair than you did. There is another picture of the two of us standing by the fireplace. I have long flowing hair and am wearing a dress and you are wearing a navy stiped shirt and you look like my little brother. Sic really did a great job. I sat here laughing for awhile. And how did you get that picture on the computer. I would love to have those old pictures on my computer. Have a great day. Love your guts!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hollie,

    That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I love it. I think we should send them to Beauty School.

    Love your baby brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so so so happy that you started a blog!!! and i have to say that you were the cutest little girl in the world and i was shocked to see how much you look like sicily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hollie I tagged you. Find the 6th photo in the 6th file somewhere on you iphoto and blog about it. Then you have to tag 6 more people. It will give you something to blog about. Hey next week is when we are going to come if that is ok. This week is crazy. So probably next Weds. night until Thurs. morning. This quick up and back sucks. I can't wait until school is out. Love ya!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete