Hip, hip, hooray! School has started ! I LOVE, LOVE, summer, as much as anybody could LOVE summer, but this year I was ready to say goodbye to summer, so the kiddies could go back to school. I didn't realize how much my summer life revolved around fixing breakfast, cleaning up, fixing lunch, cleaning up, fixing dinner, cleaning up...and cleaning up every second in between...until now that they are all in school and my house is gloriously clean at 8:30am and stays that way until 3:30pm.

Sicily started the 1st grade, and couldn't be cuter. Yesterday when Makita saw her walking home from school, she pulled over to tell her how cute she looked. Sicily's reply was, "UGH! Everybody tells me that!" What a horrible problem to have. We had a little talk about manners last night too.

Elle started the 4th grade this year. She is the sweetest girl I know. She also loves dogs, and the neighbors brought this one to the bus stop this year, and I haven't heard the end of it since..."mom, can we please have a dog? mom, can we please have a dog?..."

Nate is also in the first grade at Galileo, with Sicily and Elle this year. His favorite part of the day is the bus ride, and it is a good thing, because he rides it for almost an hour and a half each day.

Dag's first day of preschool. He goes every day from 9:15-12:30, and Tuesdays and Thursdays he goes to another preschool from 12:30-3. He loves school, and is getting so smart. Now if we can just get him to add "BE Verbs" to his sentences... you know: be, am, is, are, was, were, been, have, has, had, do, does, did, can, could, may, might, shall, should, will, would, must...he doesn't use those words, EVER. I've had him tested for special language help, but he is too dang smart to qualify, soooo....if anybody has any suggestions send them my way. He is so dang cute, you want to just eat him up, so I'm not too worried.
Spencer and Carter were too cool to have mom snapping pictures of them the first day, but they are loving it as well. Spencer is a freshman in high school and Carter in the 7th grade.
YAY!! Love being mentioned in your blog. I still stare at the family pic at the top, it is seriously the most beautiful family picture I have EVER seen.
ReplyDeleteHollie - I could almost hear Billie Christensen singing the song :) Some things stick with you forever, right? Your kiddos are adorable.
ReplyDelete