CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 22, 2010

What's Up?

You might be wondering about my other four delightful, amazing, easy as pie children. So this post is just that, a spring update:

Carter, the upside down one, has had more than his share of bumps, bruises, burns, and dares lately. He crashed on the neighbors pocket rocket a couple weeks ago, and went right over the handlebars onto the pavement. He has a burn on his calf the size of a cantaloupe from his newest Uncle's dirt bike..."but, mom, it was so much fun!" Carter is the best "do-er" I have. He will do anything to help me. While I was out this weekend for a much needed escape, he asked Sam, "Why does mom need a break, I'm the one who needs a break." It's hard work playing all the time, I guess.
Spencer made the middle school "A team" for basketball. He has only had one game, but played amazingly. We have also made some deals with Spencer as of late. So for the record:
1: He will earn $1000 for not kissing a girl until he is 16, at which time I will double the offer to $2000 if he can wait until he is 18. 2: There will be no driving at this house until he has his Eagle Scout pinned to his lapel. 3: No girl/boy parties until 14, because that's what my parents did to me and it was torture. 4: No cell phone until he is driving, which could be 15 or 16 in Idaho, all depending on that Eagle Scout Award. Fair? I think so. This teenager stuff is killer, and Spencer is a really great kid.

We finally took a stool sample in, and Dag has been suffering from Giardiasis for the past 3 months, or his whole life, who knows how long he had it in Ethiopia. Poor poop, has been going anywhere from 6-16 times a day and never once complained, but he is a new man now. He eats better, sleeps better, and only poops once, maybe twice a day. (It it smells much nicer too.) Hip-hip-hurray!

Nate taught himself to ride a bike last month, and now that is all he does. He prefers Elle's pink bike, to his own blue one, but he is quite good at it...very speedy.
Elle is a dream child. So sweet, you can't help but love her. She has moved up to team in gymnastics now, and can be found doing the splits or standing on her head at all times of the day.

I had to put both of these pictures in because they are so Sicily. She wants to climb the tree like Carter and Elle, but than realizes she has to get down and isn't so excited anymore. We love her. Sicily is one tough cookie. She has had her world Rocked the last three months and has handled it like a trooper. After a good long talk with Nate, and only a couple of threats, he is treating her a lot better these days.

6 comments:

  1. i can't wait until my kid(s) are grown up a bit. this whole infant thing is killing me. hopefully, my kids will be as great as yours though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am SO glad you posted an update on your kids! i miss them so much and can't wait to visit again. we are going to try to bless baby o in boise this summer. hopefully it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hollie I love the pics. Cute cute kids. Kinley is in gymnastics so I understand when you say Elle is always doing splits and such. Kinley spends most her time on her hands doing handstands and on the tramp when they weather permits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Dag's poop picture. That is classic. I'm so glad to hear that he is doing better in the digestive department. I also love the teenager rules. I think those all sound very fair, even leaning toward too nice. I just told Max the other day that he won't get a cell phone until he's 18 because they only cause trouble for teenagers...and I meant it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hollie-wog,
    Your kids are so gorgeous. It's fun to hear what they each like to do. Elle is the SPITTING IMAGE of you, isn't she? I am cracking up at your $1000 offer to Spencer. I don't know if you could've made it... Ha Ha! Lots of love...

    ReplyDelete