skip to main |
skip to sidebar
We are kind of getting sick of winter here at our house. This picture was taken Sunday night after a blizzard for a couple of hours. Now, I'm sure my sister is looking at this picture and laughing that I am complaining about my sciff of snow(I think she got 30 inches yesterday...but she chose to live in the Arctic Circle) and we are ready for spring now. Let me explain why my boys are in their undies making snow angels...I don't know where they ever got the idea they could go in the hot tub in their underwear, but that is their suit of choice...okay second choice, buck naked would be their first, but we draw the line there. I'm sure one of these days we will receive a complaint from the HOA for indecent exposure, because never fail, the kids will be in the hot tub, I will look out the window at them and one of the boys will be standing on the edge peeing onto the grass...I might have even caught the girls a time or two. We don't have any neighbors that you can see in our backyard, but there is a walking path that neighbors frequent at all times of the day. So this is our nightly ritual before bed. Hot tub at 8:15- 8:45, than make a gigantic mess of moms bathroom before they attempt to go to bed. It is practically the only sort of bath/shower Carter will take, so we don't argue. I'm sure you all want to come sit in our hot tub on your next visit to Eagle now, huh? Don't fret it is heavily treated and drained bimonthly...although I do not get in it unless it was just filled that day. So here's to politely excusing winter and welcoming spring. Bring it on.
Awesome picture. Yes, your sciff is measly, but it is March by dang! It looks as if every night your family tries to make a Smith Soup in the hot tub. All you would need is and onion and carrot or two and the tub would be a frothing pot of Smiths:) We make a Clawson stew quite frequently. We even had froth the other day. The other week we had to keep track of Jake's hygiene for scouts. The only bath he had the first week was the hot tub. Who is that kids mother!! Sick. Way to go Smith's with the snow angels. You are a braver bunch than I. Love Lisa
ReplyDeleteYea...you finally have a blog, and you're on good reads (still with no books and friends probably). I too am so ready for spring. C'mon, be a nice mom, let the 12 year old go in the hot tub naked with the walking path 50 yards away. That's what a nice mom would do.
ReplyDeletei love it! i love that your girls are so gorgeous and girly yet can be so crazy and tomboyish at the same time. i bet they're wondering why their pee doesn't shoot out like the boys. they'll soon realize that it sucks to be us.
ReplyDelete